Vangel V. Ajanovski, Doctor of Science in Informatics
My Personal Beginnings in Informatics
- 1985 - First home computer (Commodore 64) and first encounter with a programming language - Commodore 64 BASIC V2
- 1989 - First machine-level code, "assembled" manually for the C=64 - visualization of the Mandelbrot set
- 2018 - Elected to the position of an Associate professor at the Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering.
- 2013 - Elected to the position of an Assistant professor at the Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering.
- 2013 - Public defense of the doctoral dissertation “Adaptive and social self-structuring navigation systems for public information systems”, receving a degree of Doctor of Science in Informatics (equivalent to a Ph. D.).
- 2011 - Starting from 2011, I am part of the new higher-education institution in the field of informatics that was opened within the University in Skopje - the Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering (FCSE). This Faculty is the result of the unification of the two largest institutions in the area of informatics and computer technologies in Macedonia – the Institute of Informatics (II) at the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics and the Institute of Computer Technics and Informatics at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technologies (ICTI).
- 2005-2009 - Head of the Computing center of the Institute of Informatics, responsible for managing and leading the operations of 8 teaching computer labs, 3 research labs, and the NOC with 30+ servers and more than hundred services.
- 2007 - Elected to the position of a Teaching assistant at the Institute of Informatics.
- 2006 - Finished the graduate studies, with the thesis “Public information systems and information portals” receiving a degree of Magister of Science in Informatics (equivalent to M.Sc.)
- 2003 - Worked on establishing of the Gigabit metropolitan area network of the Ss Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje - dark fibre and P2MP wireless - SKOMAN and MANI project
- 2002 - Elected to the position of a Junior teaching assistant at the Institute of Informatics
- 2000 - Enrolled graduate studies in Informatics at the Institute of Informatics
- 1999 - Finished undergraduate studies with the diploma thesis "Web Applications and Databases" and by the end of the year was elected as a Research associate at the Institute of Informatics - Department of Software Engineering, and started with teaching laboratory excercises (see courses)
- 1998 - The first online student administration service in Macedonia available on the WWW – the Exam enrollment web application, available since 1998 at the Faculty of Natural Science and Mathematics servicing online exam applications for more than 2000 students. Awarded as the best student work in the field of informatics at the University.
- 1997 - One of the organizers of the Student Information Center at the Institute of Informatics, which was the first Macedonian Internet-access service for students offering: computer lab Internet access, chat (IRC), web hosting and email hosting, multimedia archive.
- 1994 - Author of the first book on the Windows operating system in Macedonia – "Windows 3.1 Basics".
- 1994 - Editor and author of more than a hundred newspaper and magazine articles on popular computing topics, for the Microchip weekly addon to the daily newspaper Vecher and the Blef magazine.
- 1993 - Started undergraduate studies in Informatics at the Ss Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje, Institute of Informatics at the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics.
- 1993 - Finished high-school (R.J. Korcagin in Skopje) with the professional title "Informatics technician", after completing my first applied software system (application) - record keeping of high-school student grades and averages, for internal use at the school.
During the 4 years in Korcagin, I have attended all the country-level competitions in informatics, mathematics and physics and achieved the highest or among the highest award in each of them.